Thursday, August 30, 2007

Excuses, Excuses, Excuses

(Boulder-CO) Unfortunately, I will still not be connected to the Internet until tomorrow night, but rest assured when the technician comes out to my new residence he/she will not be allowed to leave until I am able to access The Nugg Doctor and get back in the saddle again. This extended down-time that I have had to endure has been a real pain in the you know where and I can't wait to get back on the beat.
Now, I know I promised to continue to cover the FIBA games, but I was a little bit overzealous in doing so seeing how I now live twenty minutes from civilization and the games typically do not get over until about 11 0'clock my time. Excuses, excuses, excuses - I know- but by judging how the site traffic numbers look there are still plenty of you who love the Nuggets and The Nugg Doctor.
So, with all of that being said... If you haven't been able to follow the FIBA games this is all you need to know:
1. The USA is STILL being led by Carmelo Anthony in scoring, despite 'Melo having some trouble sticking the landing after a monster throw-down which resulted in him down on his backside after coming down awkwardly and bruising his heel. The minor injury kept him from playing against Uruguay last night, but the heel will not keep him out of the final rounds of the competition.
2. Unfortunately, I have to report that Nene looks out of shape again and his performances for Brazil have been less than expected in hindsight of how he finished last year. Somewhere Steve Hess is getting that chicken and fish diet ready for Big Brazil.
3. The USA will face undefeated Argentina tonight at 10pm MST in what will easily be the toughest match-up of the games. Argentina has extraordinary team play and is also an outstanding outside shooting team. Don't be surprised if the USA is in a dog fight during the first half before the physical play of the Americans wears them down.
Other than that I will be back with a vengeance Friday night when my life resumes some normalcy. I have so much on my mind in anticipation of the 2007-08 Denver Nuggets campaign and can't wait to get some of it off my chest.
Go Nuggets!

No comments: