Sunday, October 12, 2008

2-0: I'll Take It!

(Boulder-CO) Despite the fact that it was the ugliest game possibly ever, I'm still happy the Nuggets were able to beat the Suns, 77-72, outside at Indian Wells. The game was windy with both teams missing a star player or two and the result was a terribly low shooting percentage by all who braved the elements.
In fact, the game was so hard to watch I would like to just mention one player who stood out. Robin Lopez of the Phoenix Suns absolutely played fantastic! He swatted Nene, The Birdman, Linas Kleiza, Mateen Cleaves, and assorted other Nuggets on his way to an eight point - seven rejection evening that fit nicely with his five rebounds.
Go Nuggets!

8 comments:

nuggsfan15 said...

I thought Balkman played fairly well.

Nugg Doctor said...

Really... What impressed you?

ThaAnswer said...

Balkman was intense on the defensive end...so I agree with nuggsfan..God knows we'll need that this year...he was out guarding (forgot who) on the wing and blocked the shot.

nuggsfan15 said...

He seemed to be hustling in the 4th. All in the perception I guess

Nugg Doctor said...

I'm with you there, fellas. Balkman was hustlin' tough in the fourth quarter. And, yes, that block was nice.

I'm just not sure how he works into this team's chemistry, but as long he only brings positive things to the arena nightly. I guess there's no complaint out of me.

Thanks for reading,

The Nugg Doctor

Anonymous said...

Balkman was a monster in the game against Minnestoa -- dude was EVERYWHERE and had some nice deflections, steals, and dunks. My friend and I were definitely impressed, and I think he has the potential to do more Najera-type stuff than Najera. And yeah, that block was crazy... he's got a lot of plays like that in him.

This game was definitely ugly. That first game against Minnesota was really nice though. I was extremely impressed with Birdman as well -- he was super-aggressive going for boards and blocks and made some highlight plays, including a reverse on a quick break. I have some pictures and videos that I took that I'm waiting to upload, I'll post the links when I get them online... got some good pics from behind the bench and some video of the game itself.

Nugg Doctor said...

Good stuff, Stumble.

Let me know when you get them all uploaded and we can make a post with the goods.

Thanks for reading,

The Nugg Doctor

Unknown said...

I watched the second half. I kept thinking maybe these bunch of society's best need new nicknames that reflect their off-court adventures and maybe garner them some additional endorsements. How about, Chris "Walgreens" Andersen, Ruben "Internet" Pedderson, Allen "Remington" Iverson, Carmelo "Samsonite" Anthony, J.R. "Geico" Smith...I'll leave some for others who want to tie in appropriate nicknames.