Monday, March 10, 2008

Recaping The Group Outing

(Boulder-CO) The Nuggets lost to the Spurs, but I think I can safely say everyone who attended the first Nugg Doctor group outing had a great time. We packed the house and everyone had a great time. Need proof? How could you deny these faces?
I met a ton of readers and gained a few newbies too.

Sean, Chris, and Ryan made quick work of some beers and nachos, and provided witty and hilarious commentary all night long.

Luke and I enjoyed a beer during the first half.

Mike won a Nene mini-basketball!
I handled Q&A with the crowd at halftime. All of you came up with some great questions!

Jude used the "Call a friend" life-line and won two club-level tickets to the upcoming Nuggets vs. Mavericks game. The question was who recorded the first triple-double against the Nuggets and the answer is "Pistol" Pete Maravich back in 1977.

I would also like to thank Amy and Meagan of ESPN Zone for helping me emcee this event and hope that The Nugg Doctor and ESPN Zone can collaborate again real soon. The Zone was amazingly generous with all of the raffle items including those great club-level seats. Once again, thanks for all the support from the readership and those of you who are now part of the The Nugg Doctor Nuggets Nation. Without you, this is just another blog floating out there in the endless ocean of internet without an anchor. You keep this thing on course. I am just your humble host. A full recap of the loss will be up tomorrow, but for tonight, I just couldn't kill the good vibe all of you left me with.

Go Nuggets!

5 comments:

John said...

I still understand why does everyone in the NBA hate Manu so much when he is the best...

http://mundoalbiceleste.blogspot.com/2008/03/nba-news.html

Anonymous said...

Fun place to go for a game, my 1st time there.

Nugg Doctor said...

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself, tymes. Too bad the Nuggies couldn't pull it out.

Thanks for reading,

The Nugg Doctor

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it was my first time too -- it's cool to watch an away game with a bunch of fans. We'll have to do that again sometime.

Sorry I had to take off without saying bye, but you were right in the middle of something and I already stayed 30 minutes longer than I'd planned.

As for the game, JR played his ass off every second he was in the game. Without him, we probably would've lost by 10+ -- seemed like every time he got the ball in the 2nd half, he just drove the hoop and either scored or got fouled. It was pretty amazing to see a guy just go at the Spurs like that. That lay-in that won Drive of the Game (over Duncan) was just ridiculous, as was the spin-dunk on Udoka. Hopefully George Karl was paying attention this time instead of staring off into space -- JR needs 25 minutes per game at the least.

Anyway, disappointing loss, but I still loved watching the game -- we played well, but they just had that typical Spurs execution late and got the best of us. Another loss, and we're still sliding down the standings. Golden State has Toronto (minus Bosh I believe) on Wednesday, so that's not much help... and Utah has Chicago... again, not much help. But yeah, every loss just hurts at this point...

Nugg Doctor said...

Hey Stumble,

I was glad you made it! I really like talking shop with you and J.R. was playing amazing. I don't know if I have ever seen him that aggressive, but it was a good sign of things to come.

But...

Another loss hurts. BIG TIME. Especially considering the teams we are trying to catch seem to keep on winning. Hey, atleast we have a couple of games against Memphis still on the schedule!

Thanks for reading, and for coming out last night.

The Nugg Doctor