Wednesday, January 31, 2007

No Yaks in Vegas

(Boulder-CO) The snubbing of Denver Nuggets players has officially begun, and we will only know the rest of the story by the end of tomorrow when the Western Conference Reserves are announced. What we do know at this point is that Denver’s rookie Yakhouba Diawara is not going to be partaking in the Rookie-Sophomore game during this year’s All-Star affairs in Sin City.

The rosters are now available over at SLAMonline by clicking this link: http://slamonline.com/online/2007/01/rookie-sophomore-game-rosters/.

I can’t say that I am surprised at the Yak not being selected. Whenever I even mention him the looks on people’s faces are priceless. “Yak-‘em Who-ah?” is typically what I get, but it would have been nice to see Diawara make the trip on behalf of the Nuggets since J.R. did not get invited for the dunk contest, and I can almost guarantee that either Carmelo, AI, or Camby, or a pair of the three will be snubbed for sure. Count on an extremely irritated post if Carmelo gets left off that team! I’m just warning you now…

1 comment:

Jake L said...

I want to see Melo in the all star game as much as everybody else. I love Melo and think he is awesome but, what if he didn't get selected to the all-star game. I mean last year after he got snubbed, he came out and dominated everyone and raised his game to a whole new level. Melo is already the leading scorer in ppg and what would happen if he wasn't selected. Would he elevate to a whole other level. It would definately be interesting to find out.