Friday, January 5, 2007

Nuggets vs. Lakers Preview with Right Personnel (Thanks Brian)

(Boulder-CO) It’s snowing again in Colorado. Let me tell you how excited I am. Typically, the snow in Colorado comes and melts in the same week, but this time… Forgetaboutit. You can barely drive anywhere, turn lanes are still full of icy snow drifts, and did I mention that it’s snowing again? Damn it, man! At least I don’t have to worry about the game being canceled tonight as the Nuggets are in LA-LA land tonight to take on the Lakers.

The Lakers are winners of two straight, but last nights game went into overtime so Kobe and the boys are definitely going to be slow out of the gate. And if the Nuggets are going to have any chance in this one they will need to push the ball from the get go in an attempt to build an early safety-net lead.

I expect Allen Iverson and Kobe Bryant to each score over thirty points in tonight’s game. I also think that the man that out duels his high-octane scoring adversary will bring home the W for his team. It's no secret that both these teams are heavily reliant on their only All-Star so in all honesty I'm looking forward to a showdown. But I'm not looking forward to any more snow. Give me a break already, weather man! Where’s the heat? Probably in the sauna dropping a few pounds!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe that there is a way to stop anyone even Kobe, its just that No one has figured it out yet. But it can be done.

How do you feel about the Rumor of Hodge starting tonight?

Nugg Doctor said...

Hodge starting!?!?!? I do not like that one bit.

Thanks for reading,

The Nugg Doctor

Ra said...

Dude, Lamar Odom has been out of the lineup for weeks with injury.

You been snowed in?

Anonymous said...

I dunno -- we need to see who else can score until JR gets back on the 10th. I think it'll at least be cool to see what he can do in a real game that isn't in garbage time (just like Jamal Sampson). With all the "out of nowhere" guys coming up this year (Matt Barnes, Biedrins, etc.), it might be worth a shot if he plays well.

He was 4th in the D-League in assists, so maybe he can play facilitator a bit. I was excited to see that we recalled him, because he really does have potential to help this team. Even if he doesn't start, I hope he gets some decent minutes tonight.

Also, Lamar isn't going to be playing tonight (he'll probably be out beyond the 10th) -- he's been out almost a month already. So it'll be a matter of slowing Kobe and making sure the role players don't get hot. Luke Walton can fill it up from three if we don't stick to him, so we've gotta have someone besides Yak playing some perimeter defense.

Nugg Doctor said...

I have been negligent and it is time for me to tighten my belt. I thought Lamar was back, but with him out still proves that I was wrong. I'm happy about this for the chance of the Nuggets winning.

Humble I am.

Thanks for reading,

The Nugg Doctor

Seth said...

Melo's such a thug.

Anonymous said...

I've decided that I'm excited and hopeful that Julius starts at PG tonight. He gives great size in the backcourt (something that we really lack since Andre left) and has shown his skills as a distributor in the D-League. If he plays well, he'd be such a nice complement to this team, it's not even funny. We'll (hopefully) see how it goes tonight. We may as well try out everyone on our roster in gametime situations while our starters are gone -- you never know what you've got rotting away on the pine until you give them a real chance.

Nugg Doctor said...

Mardy Collins is such a model citizen of New York!

Thanks for reading,

The Nugg Doctor

Seth said...

Sarcasm, I love Melo and that's great what he's doing.