Friday, January 19, 2007

Nuggets vs. Cavaliers Preview

(Boulder-CO) This might be the easiest preview I have had to write to date. When I look at the Cleveland Cavaliers, it is pretty blatant as to how the Nuggets will need play to emerge the victors. If the Nuggets can play fast, get out and run, move the ball, and shoot better than 40% from the field they should win. Cleveland is a team that wants to slow the pace and play half-court basketball at all costs.

The reason why I say this is Zydrunas Ilgauskas may be the slowest center in the league and Drew Gooden isn’t exactly a speedster either. Both men play more than 25 minutes a game and do not like to get into a marathon. Cleveland as a team is averaging just a shade over 92 points per game and if LeBron James can be held to his average while playing an up-tempo game it has been proven that Cleveland struggles. Of the 15 games that the Cavs have lost this year, seven of those losses have been to teams that score more than 100 points in the contest. Denver, who almost routinely hit’s the century mark in scoring, needs to run, run, run like an antelope out of control.

It’s a toss up whether you watch tonight’s game on Altitude Sports and Entertainment or ESPN, but one way or another, the tip is set to be thrown at around seven o’clock. Go Nuggets!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Nugg Dr., I agree. Denver has to run to be effective tonight. I also hope that Diawara can play good defense against LeBron. But the bottom line is if Denver can run this game will be ours...

By the way, I just read that since this game is nationally televised, tipoff isn't until 8:30 MST. Bummmer, but I thought I would let your readers know.

Thanks again for another good piece of reading.

Anonymous said...

Actually, it's the second game of a double-header on ESPN, so it has the late start time of 8:30. I hope we get a solid performance from JR, even if he is coming off the bench. He's one of my favorite players to watch, and I hate seeing him struggle or sit at key moments in the game.

If he doesn't get it together in the next two games, I definitely think he will when Melo gets back. They're practically joined at the hip, and I think not having Melo there is messing with his game/attitude. It's going to be alley-oop city when this team is functioning with all of its pieces (not even including K-Mart... jeez)..