Friday, October 6, 2006

Nuggets Needing Stitches

(Boulder-CO) Yakhouba Diawara is quickly becoming my new favorite Nugget. Reports of his conditioning, willingness to stick somebody on defense, and his outside shooting are all reasons that I have been giving “The Yak” his due. But now, I have even more reason to like him.

On a quick side note, I am a huge fan of horror movies, and on a day when the new Texas Chainsaw Massacre is being released. It’s a fitting coincidence that Yakhouba’s play has landed him a couple of stitches.

The Rocky Mountain News reports that “The Yak,” please let that nickname catch on, has received six stitches after biting his lip in the second practice of yesterday’s schedule. The injury occurred when Diawara was intensely attempting to swat a shot, but did not hinder his return to the rest of the practice. Anyone else psyched about this guy? I know that typically guys who get stitched up and return to games or practices usually wear skates, but “The Yak” is tough. And the fact that he got the stitches playing defense makes it that much better! The Nuggets need this type of toughness around the perimeter and I think that Diawara is the guy for the job.
Any of my readers also suffer from a touch of the Dionysian spirit?

3 comments:

Nugg Doctor said...

Um, no it doesn't remind me of Fat Albert, but I am lobbying for "The Yak" to be the official nickname for Diawara this season. I'm contemplating a T-Shirt right now...

The Nugg Doctor

Nugg Doctor said...

Interesting fact Nike, I was thinking more of a shirt that featured a picture of a Yak... Ah nevermind, I got plans and I don't want anyone to steal my idea. Be on the lookout for Yak T-shirts to be available on The Nugg Doctor

Anonymous said...

T-shirts would be cool. You should make one with a cartoon picture of Melo on it. I would wear it.